Project Readiness Assessment
What Is a Readiness Assessment?
A project readiness assessment is a pre-project start-up review that evaluates the institution’s overall readiness to begin a project, identifies areas needing more attention, and makes recommendations that significantly
increase the likelihood of project success such as:
- The institution’s goals and objectives for this project
- Expectations and concerns of the affected functional areas
- Leadership alignment to support this project
- The institution’s adaptability to change
- Strategies for minimizing potential project risks
- Project governance and decision-making structures
- Other critical success factors
Value of a Readiness Assessment:
A project readiness assessment sets up your project for success by identifying key areas of potential failure. Our process:
- Identifies gaps in readiness and recommended actions to close them.
- Solidifies project goals and expectations.
- Prepares the institution for the selection process.
- Indentifies and engages campus stakeholders early.
- Prepares leaders for managing the complexity and challenges of this project.
Project Coaching Center’s Unique Readiness Assessment Process
- Our skills and approach, based on rescuing projects in higher education, give us unique experience in how projects get into trouble and what can be done to avoid those troubles.
- We get to underlying issues, not just the surface issues identified by other methods. We connect with people quickly at a human level so they express their hoped for benefits and honest concerns.
- We address all areas of project domain, including executive leadership, project management capabilities, cross-functional teamwork, organizational impact, technical competencies, and the inevitable human issues inherent in complex projects.
- We leave leaders feeling more capable and confident in their ability to successfully manage the project.